Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Short story - (literary) 'Pre-written character'

http://www.writingforums.org/entry.php?b=34103


This was a writingforums.org weekly competition with a twist.  We were given a pre-written character and a snippet of what actions they were doing at the time.


I didn't gel with 'Chloe' - or particularly like her - when I first read her description, but after writing the story the character really grew on me and I could see this expanding into a full-length novel.  There's definitely enough background to it.


I was trying to write this in a fairly 'literary' style.  I wasn't sure exactly how it would turn out, but I wanted to have a go at creating some kind of mythical creature that didn't fit with the usual vampire/werewolf/zombie/ghost tropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment